top of page

Montcalm Recycling Programs

Electronic Devices
Medicine Kit
Drop Off Recycling 
Drop Off Recycling

Currently there are six drop off locations located in Lakeview, Edmore, Carson City, Stanton, Crystal and Howard City. These locations are available for use for Montcalm County residents. Residents should properly dispose of recyclables and follow all directions posted at these locations.

Recycling Site Locations
Stanton Compactors.jpg

Mid-Michigan District Health Department

615 N. State Street, Stanton, MI 48888

Hours: 24/7


Edmore Department of Public Works

110 Quicksilver Lane, Edmore, MI 48829

Hours: 24/7


Carson City Department of Public Works

818 N. Williams Street, Carson City, MI 48811

Hours: 24/7


Village of Lakeview Complex 

208 S. Lincoln Ave, Lakeview, MI 48850

Hours: 24/7


Crystal Township and Community Center 

217 W. Park Street, Crystal, MI 48818

Hours: 24/7

Howard City 1.jpeg

 City Complex

220 White Street, Howard City, MI 49329

Hours: 24/7

New Recycling Collection Schedule.jpg

Weekly Scheduled Pick-up (Allow for a 1-day delay for Holidays)

Not Accepted
  • Anything Larger Than 2'x2'

  • Anything That Tangles

    • Includes chains, cords, cables, hoses, clothing, tarps​, tubing, and wires

  • Batteries

  • Doors 

  • Electronics (See Electronics Recycling Below)

  • Foam or foam containers 

  • Giftwrap

  • Hazardous Materials (see Household Hazardous Waste Collections)

  • Anything that ​is ignitable, corrosive, reactive, or toxic

    • Includes propane and helium tanks 

  • Medical Waste (See Below)

    • Includes medication, needles, ​and IV bags

  • Mirrors

  • Packaging Materials 

  • No soft or flexible plastic-plastic bags, bread bags, bubble bags or newspaper bags

  • Pyrex and Bakeware

  • Shredded Paper

  • Window Glass

Accepted Materials
  • Cardboard 

    • Flatten boxes, remove plastic and foam 

    • Tape and labels are OK

    • Clean pizza boxes are OK

  • Cartons 

    • Coated paperboard that has held a liquid including milk boxes, juice boxes, and broth. Keep caps on. ​

  • Glass Bottles & Jars ​

    • Clear and colored food or beverage glass​

    • Remove metal lids. Labels are OK

  • Plastic Bottles, Jugs, & Tubs​

    • Clean, rigid plastic only​ #1-7

    • Labels are OK

    • Rinse and keep cap on

  • Paper, Paperboard, & Magazines

    • Remove plastic bags​

    • No shredded paper

  • Metal Cans & Foil

    • Must be CLEAN​

    • Aerosol cans must be empty 

    • Labels are OK

Questions about specific items? Call (989) 831-4212 x108 for more information.
Electronic Reycling
Electronic Recycling Permanent Site

Do You Have Unwanted Electronics?


Recycle your electronics at the Montcalm Conservation District office (77 S. State St., Stanton).

Call (989) 831-4212 ext. 108 to schedule an appointment and recycle your electronics for free!

This program is possible with cooperative funding from Montcalm County Solid Waste Committee, EGLE Rural Electronics Grant, and the Montcalm Conservation District.

Electronic Recycling


  • Computers, Monitors & Keyboards 

  • Game Systems

  • Microwaves

  • Phones

  • Stereos

  • Printers

  • TVs

  • Other Office & Household Electronics with Cords


  • Large Appliances (refrigerators, washers etc.)

  • Units Containing Freon

  • Household Hazardous Waste


Montcalm Conservation District

77 S. State Street, Stanton, MI 48888


By Appointment Only

Schedule an Appointment

Call (989) 831-4212 x108

Medication & Sharps
Sharps & Medication
Medication Drop Box Locations

Disposing of medication in the trash or flushing down the toilet is unsafe. Proper disposal helps helps prevent childhood poisoning, reduces substance abuse, and protect water quality. 

Medication that has expired, is no longer needed, or can't be identified should be disposed of at one of these locations:

Montcalm County Sheriff's Office

659 N. State Street, Stanton, MI 48888
(989) 831-7590

125 Shaw Street, Howard City, MI 49329
(231) 937-4311

Carson City Police Department 

123 E. Main Street, Carson City, MI 48811
(989) 584-6448

Greenville Public Safely Department 

415 S. Lafayette St., Greenville, MI 48838
(616) 754-7101

Lakeview Police Department

315 S. Lincoln St., Lakeview, MI 48850
(989) 352-6211

Please call for hours of operation. No sharps. 

Sharps Drop Box

Sharps can be a danger to the public and environment if not disposed of properly. Safely dispose of sharps at one of these locations:

Mid-Michigan District Health Department
615 N. State Street, Stanton, MI 48888

(989) 831-3669

151 Commerce Drive, Ithaca, MI 48847

(989) 875-1002


***Sharps must be in a medical sharps container or plastic laundry jug. Call for hours of operation.***


Spectrum Greenville Convenient Care

1202 W. Oak Street, Suite 200, Entrance A, Greenville, MI 48838

(616) 754-4685


Spectrum Lakeview Family Medicine
418 Washington Avenue, Lakeview, MI 48850

(989) 352-6474

Spectrum Belding Family Medicine
1227 W. State Street, Belding, MI 48809

(616) 794-0940

***Sharps brought to Spectrum locations must be in a medical sharps container. A sharps container exchange program is available. Call for hours of operation.***

bottom of page